Brita Mary Higgins first moved to the beautiful state of Louisiana in 1976. Ten years after settling in the south, she created her first stained glass piece while a senior at Mandeville High School. Like her mother, Brita has a love for art and a deep desire to create. Discovering this need to make things, Brita headed to Cincinnati to study Industrial Design, along with various other disciplines, like welding, woodworking, and jewelry making. Cultivating her talents, she was an apprentice under a master stained glass artist for 3 years in Ohio. Brita returned home to Louisiana to share her skills with others. She opened up A Pane in the Glass, Inc in June of 1998. Brita has been teaching for 18 years and is dedicated to her students and their creations. She wants everyone to experience the joy she has when producing beautiful pieces of stained glass artwork. Brita is also determined to please her clients with custom designs for commercial or residential usage. The studio is located near the stunning Mandeville Lakefront. A Pane in the Glass, Inc is a wonderful environment to work, learn, and pick up stained glass supplies. There is a concentration on copper foil and leaded stained glass methods. A Pane in the Glass, Inc is a great place to find passionate people who love to come together to celebrate the beauty of life and nature through stained glass artwork.
"I have always had a love of art and design. I want to spend my life creating - it makes me happy."
-Brita Mary Higgins
Repairs & Restorations
Call Brita for a custom designed piece of art to add unique originality and value to your home, office, business, or church. Brita can create a custom glass piece that is tailored to your personal preference and space.
- No project is too large or too small. Brita will take you through every stage of the process, so together you can create a piece of art that will give you many years of pleasure.
- Each commission is custom designed and built by artist Brita Mary Higgins to fit your space. Whether it be a window, door, hanging piece or even a room partition, Brita can accomplish it for you.
- After a preliminary meeting Brita will work closely with you to design your creation. Using information she gathered at the meeting, Brita will then draw designs for you to choose from.
- You will have assistance the whole way through the design process, even down to picking the correct glass colors and textures that will compliment your design and your space.
REPAIRS & RESTORATIONS
Brita also specializes in glass repairs and restorations of windows, doors, hanging panels, and lamps. She can bring your piece back to it's original state and make it look as it did before it was damaged. If needed, pick up, delivery, or installation services are available.
- Some repairs are simple, while others may require the complete rebuilding of your piece. Whatever the cause, wear and tear from use, a misdirected ball, or even a rock from a lawnmower, Brita can complete the repair or restoration.
- Take a few photos and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them into the shop to get a quote for your glass repair.
Brita stocks a large range of glass, tools, and supplies for stained glass artists. Brands like Wissmach and Bullseye.
- You can purchase glass in various sizes and quantities depending on the size of your project.
- If Brita does not have what you need in stock, she will find it and order it for you.
STAINED GLASS ARTWORK
by Brita Mary Higgins